Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Michele Bachmann: Insanity has Entered the Building

Let's take a moment to meet the new presidential candidate, Michele Bachmann, who announced her running bid last night during the Republican Debate on CNN.



Who is Michele Bachmann? What does this woman stand for? What does she represent?

"Not all cultures are equal." - Michele Bachmann


Michele Bachmann is a tea party activist that wants to promote her Christian values in our Secular government. She is a Concerned Woman for America.

"I just take the Bible for what it is, I guess, and recognize that I am not a scientist. I'm not a deep thinker on all of this. I wish I was. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but I'm not a scientist." - Michele Bachmann


Michele Bachmann supports intelligent design (aka creationism) in the public school science cirriculum and stated that evolution is 'just a theory'. When religious people say this it makes my blood boil. It shows how ignorant they are when it comes to science and evolution. In science there is nothing higher / nothing better than a theory. The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection is our best explanation for the fact of evolution. (Take a look at this great website that explains what a theory actually is in science: www.notjustatheory.com) So, instead of teaching the facts, Michele Bachmann wants to teach stories with no scientific evidence... in the science class... in a public school?

Michele was actually challenged by a 17 year old high school student in Louisiana when she stated:

“there is a controversy among scientists about whether evolution is a fact… hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel prizes, believe in intelligent design.”


In response, the student replied to Michele with the following:

Congresswoman Bachmann, I see your “hundreds” of scientists, and raise you millions of scientists.

For the next hand, I raise you 43 Nobel Laureate scientists. That’s right: 43 Nobel Laureate scientists have endorsed our effort to repeal Louisiana’s creationism law.


Congresswoman Bachmann never replied.

Michele Bachmann supported a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT to ban gay marriage and referred to the gay community as people with 'sexual dysfunction' and 'sexual identity disorders'. Here are some Quotes by the Congresswoman:

"Gay Marriage is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that. - Michele Bachmann"

"And what a bizarre time we're in, when a judge will say to little children that you can't say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it. - Michele Bachmann"

"Normalization (of gayness) through desensitization. Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of "the Lion King" for instance, and a teacher might say, "Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?" The message is: I'm better at what I do, because I'm gay. - Michele Bachmann"


Michele Bachmann opposes minimum wage increases.

"If we took away the minimum wage - if conceivably it was gone - we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level" - Michele Bachmann


Michele Bachmann was against a the government-run health insurance public option.

Michele Bachmann believes that global warming is a hoax since "carbon dioxide is a natural byproduct of nature." No, I'm not kidding

As an American, I value my freedom and I have a profound respect for the men and women that serve our country to protect that freedom. Michele Bachmann doesn't believe in equality, and if you are not an equal, are you really free?

No comments:

Post a Comment